GIVE YOUR BIKE A NEW LIFE: SWAPFIETS LAUNCHES BIKE AMNESTY FOR LONDONERS TO CELEBRATE WORLD BIKE DAY 2023
- Dutch brand encourages cyclists to hand in bikes that are surplus to requirements, keeping them out of landfill & helping to create new bike racks made from the reused materials
- Bring your unwanted bike to the Swapfiets London store June 3 – July 3, and be gifted with a special Swapfiets discount (*first month free subscription off any Swapfiets bike, only for new members)
- Swapfiets is passionate about the benefits of a circular economy, with an ambitious goal to achieve a 100% circular product line by 2025
June 6th, 2023, LONDON: WORLD BIKE DAY took place on Saturday, and to celebrate, Dutch bike membership brand Swapfiets is holding a ‘bike amnesty’ in their London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, and Copenhagen stores, between June 3 - July 3.
As part of the company’s USP, Swapfiets bikes live many lives, and when a member returns their bike, technicians recycle or repair it, before the bike is given to someone else.
The brand has made this conscientious approach an integral part of their business model, with a single Swapfiets bike being reused by multiple members.
To celebrate the buzz surrounding World Bike Day 2023, the brand is keen not only for members of the public to jump on a bike and contribute to more liveable cities, but they also want to highlight the benefits of recycling and shed light on their own zero-waste goal for 2025.
- Bring your old, rusty, or broken-down bike to the Swapfiets London store between June 3 - July 3, and you will be gifted a special discount (*first month free subscription off any Swapfiets bike, only for new members)
- Bikes that are handed in as part of the ‘bike amnesty’, will be recycled and turned into new bike racks for local communities in London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin and Copenhagen, helping encourage more people to act sustainably & make cycling their preferred mode of transportation
To celebrate World Bike Day this year, we wanted to encourage Londoners to recycle their old bikes, and help declutter London’s local communities and in exchange, as part of our bike amnesty, provide them with a special discount to help get them out cycling again. As well as highlighting the benefits of recycling, we also want to show our members (and the rest of the world) that we’re a responsible brand and are passionate about focusing on making more cities more livable for everybody.